St Richard's Hospice

Tel: 01905763963
St Richard's Hospice

  • 0 Stars.

St Richard's Hospice
Wildwood Drive
Worcester, Worcestershire
United Kingdom

Tel: 01905763963
Fax: 01905351911

About St Richard's Hospice

St Richard’s Hospice provides free specialist palliative care for patients living with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses and supports their families. Each year the hospice team supports over 2,400 patients and family members in Worcestershire.

Patients are cared for in Day Hospice, the 16-bed In-patient Unit or in their own homes by a specialist professional team as well as many trained volunteers.

In the In-patient Unit specialist staff are on hand 24 hours a day to manage patients’ symptoms and where, if they so choose, patients may spend the last few days of life in comfort and dignity.

In 2014 St Richard’s will be celebrating 30 years of care.  The hospice started in the Droitwich kitchen of a local doctor and has transformed over the years  to the modern, bright hospice haven of care, comfort and compassion we have today.

For more information please visit

How St Richard’s is run

St Richard's Hospice is an independent registered charity. There are over 180 full and part-time staff. St Richard’s is run by a Council of Governors and led by our Chairman, Mr John Bawden. The day to day running of the Hospice is the responsibility of the senior management team.

How we are funded

St Richard’s is an independent hospice and is grateful for all donations towards the £6.7m required each year to continue their work and prepare for the future.  Only 30% of the funds are received from the NHS, the remaining 70% needs to be raised from donations and gifts in Wills.

This includes gifts of money and standing orders or gifts in kind, events, gifts in Wills, grants from trusts and other grant making bodies. We also benefit from company and business sponsorship, payroll giving, employee fundraising, donations from organisations and donations in memoriam. We have our own volunteer fundraising groups who organise regular events and assist with shop and street collections as well as supporters who place collecting boxes in local community outlets.

Another way of raising income is through our charity shops selling donated goods and other hospice merchandise. We produce our own cards, including Christmas cards, for personal as well as corporate use. In addition we benefit from the local hospices lottery.

Hospices Worcester, Charities and Voluntary Organisations Worcester, Fundraising Services Worcester, Hospices West Midlands, Charities and Voluntary Organisations West Midlands, Fundraising Services West Midlands

St Richard's Hospice is listed in: